Online Journey: Stories to Unlock Creativity
Storytelling Exercises to overcome the common barriers to creativity
Introduction Learn why creativity has become a competitive advantage.
- Debunk myths around creativity.
- Reflection: What did your creativity look like when you were a kid? What does it look like now?
- Meet the cast.
Learn from Failure Flip failures into opportunities to learn.
- Create cultural conditions for people to try new things.
- Reflection: What’s one valuable lesson you’ve learned from failing?
- 4 Activities: The really bad ideas brainstorm, Get out of fail free card, Under the rug, The failure museum
Find Inspiration Diversify your experience to get to fresh ideas and find space to embrace curiosity.
- Tune in and empathize with others and discover new things through inquiry.
- Reflection: When you’re feeling stuck, what do you do to get yourself unstuck?
- 4 Activities: What more can we find, Pain challenge, Step outside your context, Inspiration walks
Get Unstuck Get beyond assumptions that prevent progress.
- Get out of your head and into your hands and experiment with multiple story angles to mitigate risk.
- Reflection: When you feel paralyzed or overwhelmed by a task, what prevents you from getting started?
- 3 Activities: Hunch hour, Spaghetti challenge, Wacky ways to fill a movie theater
Why Stories to Unlock Creativity
Creativity is not just for artists, musicians, and designers—everyone is creative. And in the age of automation, creativity is increasingly important for businesses and humans (not machines) to thrive. This class will give you a set of activities to help you get through creative blocks and practice creative problem-solving skills beyond brainstorming.
This Journey Will Help You
- Learn exercises you can use again and again to increase your creative problem-solving skills.
- Change work and behavior story patterns to inspire new thinking and new ways of working.
- Create storytelling conditions that help people feel comfortable trying new things.
- Gain storytelling techniques to help your team and organization reduce the fear of failure and learn from mistakes.
- Grow your creative confidence and the creative potential of those around you.
Start Date: Whenever you want
Duration: 5 Weeks
Time: 1 hour/week Online Conversation with Peter de Kuster
Price: Euro 599 excluding VAT
Book your place by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org