Attention all creative professionals– even if your chosen profession is not the most traditional one, cultivating and growing a successful, financially rewarding career is still your goal. In “The Heroine’s Journey in Barcelona”, Peter de Kuster provides you in this journey through Barcelona with stories of creative professionals of past and present with advice on overcoming some of the specific challenges faced by right-brainers who want a career that is both satisfying and successful.
Freelancers, those thinking about changing careers midstream, and even creative people working in corporate environments need a set of skills that will turn their passion into a viable career. These skills include:
* How to chose the career that best suits your talents
* Setting realistic goals using right-brain techniques
* How to avoid the pitfalls that ruin a creative career
* How to schmooze your way to success
* How to create a business plan when you are the business
* How to be disciplined when you are your own boss
When you find an outlet for your creativity in the form of a acting career, you’ll discover a freedom in your working life that you can live with for the long term. You can follow your passion, build a brilliant career, and have financial security — if you know which skills to use. Let Peter show you the way.
The Heroine’s Journey in Barcelona: “Self Promotion for Heroines” Are you a creative person who desperately wants to tell the world about your talents and your art but lacks the time, money, and know-how? Self-Promotion for Heroes is full of clever and creative ideas you can use to successfully get the word out about who you are and what you do quickly, easily, and cheaply.
Everything you need to know about marketing yourself is included in this book. Self-Promotion for Heroines is packed with proven techniques that will work for you when you want fresh, off-beat, and cost-effective ways to build a business or develop a successful and fulfilling acting career.
Full of winning strategies, innovative ideas, and proven sales and marketing techniques, Peter de Kuster will show you how to go from starving artist to superstar status with smart advice, including:
* How to market without money
* How to create marketing materials that will sell you even when you’re not around
* How to build a buzz using word of mouth
* How to use the Internet in ways you never thought of to promote yourself
* How to get the leaders in your field to endorse and help you
Self-promotion is one of the most difficult things a creative person must do. It is also the most critical. Open this book to any page and chances are you will find something that can help you overcome this hurdle and get the attention and recognition you and your talents deserve.
The Heroine’s Journey in Barcelona: “The Financial Freedom to Create” Ask any creative professional and each and every one will tell you the same thing: To have the money to create, you have to be creative with your money. If you’re lucky enough to have found the perfect career for you, one that lets you showcase your talents and keeps your creative juices flowing, congratulations! However, Peter de Kuster knows the dirty reality most of you are all too familiar with: Even when your creative juices are really flowing, that doesn’t necessarily mean that money is pouring in at the same pace. In “The Financial Freedom to Create”, Peter offers a myriad of valuable advice for doing just that, including:
• How to know which of your creative talents are the most marketable and can earn you the most money
• How to take the “free” out of freelance and charge what you’re worth
• Why you should avoid the pitfalls of accumulating too much debt in
a lean time—and should always remember the importance of saving in a boom time
• Remembering that you can succeed in your endeavors without selling your creative soul
• How to find the funds to finance your dreams
Full of eye-opening facts, instructive anecdotes, and real-life examples from Peter’s own experience, “The Financial Freedom to Create” is your guide to getting a financial life—so you can maintain your creative one.
The Heroine’s Journey in Barcelona: “Time for Heroines” Creative folks often know all too well that the muse doesn’t always strike when you want it to, or when the deadline for your next brilliant project is creeping up on you like an ill-fitting turtleneck. Originality doesn’t follow a time clock, even when you have to. While conventional time management books offer tons of instruction for using time wisely, they are traditionally organized in a linear fashion, which just isn’t helpful for the right-brain mind. In Time for Heroines Peter de Kuster offers real advice for using the strengths of creative people—like originality and resourcefulness—to adopt innovative time-saving solutions, such as:
* Learning to say no when your plate is just too full
* How to know when a good job, not a great one, is good enough
* Making “to do” lists that include fun stuff, too—that way you won’t feel overwhelmed by work
* Time-saving techniques around the house that give you more time to get your work done and more time to spend with your loved ones
* The keys to clutter control that will keep your work space and your living space neat
With these and lots of other practical tips, Peter will help anyone to make the most of their time and turn the clock and the calendar into friends, not foes.
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Hero’s Journey & Heroine’s Journey project, a storyteller who helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lives and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.