Create the moments that matter
Story Design is the craft of tying together human, digital, and physical interactions over time to create a truly differentiated experience for your customers. Delivering great service can be challenging, but you can use storytelling to understand people’s needs, look holistically at customer interactions, and constantly iterate your way forward. Service is where your organization meets the world. Learn to create moments that people will remember.
- Build differentiation, loyalty, and long-term business value by meeting your customers’ needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Better understand the interactions people have with your company and surface problem areas and opportunities through a customer story map.
- Focus your efforts by choosing the most impactful moments to create.
- Enable others to understand and execute your vision with a story blueprint.
Get an introduction to the ways service is thought about today and the qualities that define good service.
Human-Centered Story Design – A sneak peek of the course
Stories Surrounds Us – It’s all storytelling – and we can design it
Four Qualities of Great Companies – Balanced, intentional, and human centered moments that matter which create great stories to remember
- Project Challenges: We’ve crafted a series of project challenges for you to choose from, all designed to be the right size and scope for this course. You’ll practice your selected challenge during the course and later you can bring your learning into your own work.
- Think of some of your best and worst service moments. What effect they have on you in the moment?
- What can you learn from an organization that you personally believe offers great service? What qualities do they possess?
- What do you think will be difficult about the story design process? What do you think will be easier?
Week 2: Expand the Story
Learn how to see service as a customer story that unfolds over time and pick moments that matter for your organization.
Brainstorm ways to bring your service moments to life and build a prototype to learn more about a particular moment.
Week 4: Share the Story
Learn how to organize the components of a service into a story blueprint and share the story of your service with other stakeholders.
Learn why constant iteration is a fundamental element of story design, and create a story design project plan summarizing your key takeaways and highlighting your plans for the future.
Start Date: Any Day You Want
Duration: 5 Weeks
Time: 1 hour/week Online Conversation with Peter de Kuster
Price: Euro 799 excluding VAT
Book your place by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storyteller who helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lives and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.