Stories to Unlock Creativity
Storytelling Exercises to overcome the common barriers to creativity
Introduction Learn why creativity has become a competitive advantage.
- Debunk myths around creativity.
- Reflection: What did your creativity look like when you were a kid? What does it look like now?
- Meet the cast.
Learn from Failure Flip failures into opportunities to learn.
- Create cultural conditions for people to try new things.
- Reflection: What’s one valuable lesson you’ve learned from failing?
- 4 Activities: The really bad ideas brainstorm, Get out of fail free card, Under the rug, The failure museum
Find Inspiration Diversify your experience to get to fresh ideas and find space to embrace curiosity.
- Tune in and empathize with others and discover new things through inquiry.
- Reflection: When you’re feeling stuck, what do you do to get yourself unstuck?
- 4 Activities: What more can we find, Pain challenge, Step outside your context, Inspiration walks
Get Unstuck Get beyond assumptions that prevent progress.
- Get out of your head and into your hands and experiment with multiple story angles to mitigate risk.
- Reflection: When you feel paralyzed or overwhelmed by a task, what prevents you from getting started?
- 3 Activities: Hunch hour, Spaghetti challenge, Wacky ways to fill a movie theater
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lifes and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.
Why Stories to Unlock Creativity
Creativity is not just for artists, musicians, and designers—everyone is creative. And in the age of automation, creativity is increasingly important for businesses and humans (not machines) to thrive. This class will give you a set of activities to help you get through creative blocks and practice creative problem-solving skills beyond brainstorming.
This Class Will Help You
- Learn exercises you can use again and again to increase your creative problem-solving skills.
- Change work and behavior story patterns to inspire new thinking and new ways of working.
- Create storytelling conditions that help people feel comfortable trying new things.
- Gain storytelling techniques to help your team and organization reduce the fear of failure and learn from mistakes.
- Grow your creative confidence and the creative potential of those around you.
- Price is Euro 150 excluding VAT
- You can start at any time
- Time 8 to 10 hours
- Start this virtual journey by mailing us at email@example.com