The Power of your Quest
Learn to work and lead with a quest
Why do you exist? And why does your organization exist beyond making a profit? In this class, you’ll explore what it means to work and lead with a quest. You’ll dive into real-world stories of companies and teams around the globe working to create meaningful change. Uncover your team or organization’s true quest, develop an authentic quest story, and take action to bring it to life beyond slogans and posters.
Whether you want to find an individual quest or lead your team or organization through a quest this seminar will help you define, articulate, and activate your quest. And bring more meaning to your every day.
Introduction Reflect on your personal purpose and discover three professional quest lenses.
- Unpack and define the idea of a quest.
- Reflection: When you look at your past, what are some of your proudest moments?
- Activity: The Quest Story
See it Take steps to find your professional quest.
- Map out moments of pride and passion in your work.
- Reflection: When your work is at its best, who are you serving?
- Activity: Start drafting rough quest stories.
Name it Learn tips for writing a lasting quest story.
- Explore the relationship between identity and behavioral change.
- Reflection: How might you bring more meaning to your team?
- Activity: Craft a quest story for your team or organization.
Do it Discover ways to activate your quest at the team and organizational levels.
- Learn how other organizations have substantiated their quest and brought it to life in meaningful ways.
- Reflection: What small actions might you take to bring your quest into everyday activities?
- Activity: Create your quest plan.
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storyteller who helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lives and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.
Why Take The Power of your Quest
When a company focuses on making meaningful change in the world, it stokes employees’ passion, inspires them, and injects powerful significance into their work. A clear quest defines why your organization exists; it guides people through change and volatility, encourages emotional commitment, and motivates people to lead from wherever they are. Beyond strategies, mission statements, and goals, a quest is why people get out of bed in the morning and come to work every day. The Power of your Quest will help you lead, motivate, and inspire others by establishing a guiding light for your team and organization.
This Seminar Will Help You
- Define why your organization exists beyond making profit.
- Clearly define, articulate, and live your team or organization’s quest.
- Lead, motivate, and inspire others by rallying around a clear quest.
- Craft a lasting quest story.
- Find true meaning in your work.
- Start Date: at any date
- Time: Four weeks, 1 hour each week
- Form: Online personal coaching with Peter de Kuster
- Price: Euro 699
Book your virtual journey by sending Peter an email to email@example.com
The format of this conversation is highly interactive and involves a combination of teaching, and reflection. Peter de Kuster aims to create a confidential space where you are welcome to contribute freely and comfortably. If you have any questions about the format of the virtual conversation please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org