How do you live happily ever after?
I identify the three things I want to get finished that day – never more than three. At the end of my day I use my 10 – 6 – 1 scale to rate myself. Now I am giving myself 10’s all the time. I found that I actually got more accomplished more completed – and at a higher level – than when I was doing lots of things. I stopped multitasking at meetings and suddenly they became shorter, crisper. The effectiveness of conversations improved threefold. Plus, it has been more enjoyable.
Learning to invest your full and best energy in whatever you are doing at that moment in full engagement is what I call The Hero’s Journey. A story i have developed over more than two decades, which posits at its core that life is enriched, flow occurs, happiness is felt because of the commitment, passion, and focus we give it, not the time we give it. These fully – engaged – in the present moments – I call ‘Moments of Bliss’ – created me more ‘Moments of Bliss’ and ‘Days of Bliss’ in two weeks than I had in the five years before, or than I probably would have in the next five years had my life and business continued the way it was going.
One of the exciting discoveries I have made is the almost perfect correlation between engagement, on one hand, and happiness, on the other. Engagement is an acquired skill that allows us to be in the present; it is where people feel happiest. (The happiness we feel about an upcoming event is really not future-oriented, but rather present-oriented happiness in the anticipation). The more engaged we are in something, the more alive we tend to feel; the more alive we feel, the happier we feel. Becoming fully engaged in our hero’s journey that deeply matters brings a rich sense of meaning, depth and dimension to our lives. Disengagement as the opposite, tragic effect. It pulls us from the core of life – characterized by intensity, passion and meaning – to its boundaries, characterized by safety, protection and disassociation.
By being engaged we experience true happiness and joy in our lives. We ignite our talents and skills.
What Can I Expect?
Here’s an outline of The Heroine’s Journey.
FRIDAY: OLD STORIES
- The Power of your Story
- What is Your Story?
- Your Heroine’s Journey
- How Faithful are You as a Storyteller?
- Is It Really Your Story You Are Living?
- The Private Voice
SATURDAY: YOUR NEW STORY
- A Quest is Never Forgettable
- They Lived Happily Ever After?
- The Three Rules of Storytelling
- The Four Story Scenario’s
- They Lived Happily Ever After!
- Do You Have the Resources to Live Your Best Life?
- Indoctrinate Yourself
- The Story Effect
- Your New Story
- The Premise of your Story. The Purpose of your Life and Art
- The words on your tombstone
- You ultimate mission, out loud
- The Seven Great Plots
- The Twelve Archetypal Heroes
- The One Great Story
- Purpose is Never Forgettable
- Questioning the Premise
- Lining up
- Flawed Alignment, Tragic Ending
- The Three Rules in Storytelling
- Write Your New Story
SUNDAY: TURNING STORY INTO ACTION
- Turning your story into action
- Story Ritualizing
- The Storyteller and the art of story
- The Power of Your Story
- Storyboarding your creative process
- They Created and Lived Happily Ever After.
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lives and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.
IS THE HEROINE’S JOURNEY FOR YOU?
- You are a creative professional who is interested in developing yourself, your teams, and your organization.
- You are aware that there are no quick fixes. Learning is a journey that works when you are fully committed to it. A guide like Peter de Kuster can bring awareness and help you navigate, but in the end it’s you who is in charge of your growth.
- You want to learn more about how to tell yourself a more powerful story, learn about blind spots, and get feedback.
- You are curious and want to engage in an interactive learning journey with Peter de Kuster.
- You are motivated to work in-between journeys on yourself (e.g. working on questions that will help you develop new storytelling, mindsets, skills, and behaviors).
WHAT’S YOUR QUEST-ION?
The Heroine’s Journey is all about your development. To make the most out of your journey with Peter, we ask you to prepare topics to work on with him. These topics can serve as a starting point for further in-depth exploration.
One Day Journey for EUR 1,200 (excl. VAT)
Two Day Journey for EUR 2,150 (excl. VAT)
Three Day Journey for EUR 2,950 (excl. VAT)
BOOK THE HEROINE’S JOURNEY
Who can sign up for The Heroine’s Journey?
Creative professionals who wish to improve their storytelling, mindset(s) and develop their leadership skills.
What language do we speak in the journey?
Can I bring my own topics?
Yes, you get to choose your own topic.
Are journeys confidential?
Yes. Peter will not share anything that is discussed in the journey.
Where will the journeys take place?
Sessions will take place travelling with Peter a world city like Paris, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Amsterdam, London, Antwerp, Berlin, Madrid, New York, Venice.
How do I sign up?
Send Peter an email to email@example.com
How do I pay?
After you booked The Heroine’s Journey by sending an email to Peter you will receive an email with info how to pay.
How do I book and reschedule a journey?
Once we’ve received your payment, our Program Coordinator will book your journey. She will also support you with rescheduling journeys if needed.
What is your cancellation policy?
Individual journeys can be postponed up to one week before the journey.