What is the best thing that I love about my work?
– I love it when my art opens up a conversation about something bigger than everyday things. When the viewer pauses for a few seconds to soak up the energy from my artwork, to feel into their emotions, connect with their soul.
What is my idea of happiness?
-Peace within is foremost to me: when my thoughts, words and actions are aligned.
A slow paced life with my beloved, a garden, animals, ability to do what I love for work and to travel to explore other cultures.
What is my greatest fear?
-To regret not living to my fullest potential.
What is the trait that I most deplore in myself?
Which living persons in my profession do I most admire?
– Currently, I think, Banksy. A revolutionary, he went from humble beginnings to one of the most famous artists, yet he’s not greedy, sharing his powerful messages freely, in authentic way and still staying completely anonymous! How incredible is that?
What is my greatest extravagance?
-Ha! It’s gotta be fancy China tea cups and beautiful plants. I’d also probably get a big exotic cat if I could.
On what occasion would I lie?
– Consciously: to protect human rights or save a life ( for example because of the oppressive regime)
What is the thing that I dislike the most in my work?
– The business side, logistics. It takes so much time out of my schedule. Apparently to be an artist you need a full time secretary!
When and where was I the happiest, in my work?
– Whenever I have plenty of solitude and nature. Basically: leave me in a forest alone with my tools and I’m in heaven. Some of the best moments were when I lived in the Andes in Colombia or in the Himalayas in Nepal.
If I could, what would I change about myself?
– I’d make myself need less sleep. 2 hours a night like Nicola Tesla.
What is my greatest achievement in work?
– Keeping on going. My biggest achievements are the invisible little victories in my head.
Where would I most like to live?
– I have lived in 7 different countries, loved them all, would love to experience more. But if I had to choose one today it would be the Mediterranean coast, in Andalusian hills of Southern Spain. Something there grabbed me by the heart.
What is my most treasured possession?
– My mom’s hand written letter to me.
What is my most marked characteristic?
– Sincere. Everything else is a bonus 😉
What is my most inspirational location, in my city?
– A wild park near my home, with a creek under twisted old willows- it’s a different world there. Also Roncesvalles neighborhood of Toronto, it reminds me of Europe.
What is my favorite place to eat and drink, in my city?
– Any small cozy restaurant that makes good sushi and artisan coffee.
What books influenced my life and how?
– Ah, too many! “The Little Prince” by A. de Saint-Exupery was given to me when I was 10 by my father, before he passed away. I read it every year since. It reminds me to stay pure and simple, never loose touch with the inner child and the sight of what’s important.
And all the Russian classics of course. Chekhov, Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky, Bulgakov. The brilliant insight into human nature in these books inspired me to study psychology.
You Only Die Once. What music would I listen on my last day?
-On that day I would like to write my last song myself. I think it would be my either best or worst one. But probably as real as it gets.
Who is my hero or heroine in fiction?
– Frodo and Sam from the “Lord of the Rings” Innocent, courageous, loving, loyal, determined, funny. Small hobbits with big brave hearts.
Who are my heroes and heroines in real life?
– Those regular people who can laugh at their mistakes, be authentic, expressive, stay true to themselves and move through life graciously regardless of circumstances. These are my true heroes.
Which movie would i recommend to see once in a lifetime?
– “Forest Gump”
What role play stories in my life and work?
-Stories are everything! Having had a pretty difficult childhood, I’ve inherited some mind scripts that I want to change. I do it consciously, constantly, rewriting the stories through my art. And of course love hearing inspiring stories of others!
What do the words ‘You are the storyteller of your own life’ mean to me?
-That we are creators of our life in some sense. We can’t fully control reality, but we ourselves decide how to perceive it and how to share it with the world. As if we’re given the nouns by our destiny/ god but we still get to choose the adjectives to write our life book. The colours to paint our life canvas with.
Who is my greatest fan, sponsor, partner in crime?
– My beloved partner Jag Shival.
Which people or companies would I like to work with in 2022?
– These brilliant people came to my mind : Matt Vegh, Isaac Rayment, Evelyn Bayley, John Coniglio
Which people in my profession who can make a real difference in my creative career would i love to meet in 2022?
– I’d love to meet Matt Vegh in person this year. I think he’s onto something brilliant.
What project, in 2022 am I looking forward to work on?
– Immersive Art shows, Interactive painting exhibitions, my line of fashion AR activated clothing, recording and performing music with my band. Would love to combine it all into one amazing show!
Where can you see me or my work in 2022?
YouTube video :
What do the words “Passion Never Retires” mean to me?
– That passion is a powerful driving force. It’s the engine that pushes us forward throughout our life.
Which creative heroines should Peter invite to tell their story?
Michael Aucoin, Jag Shival, Dieter Hanf, Madan Lal, Nora Nasiri, Dasha Eremeeva.
How can you contact me?